How Getting Divorced After 50 Impacts Retirement Planning (Ep. 105)
Getting divorced later in life can be more complicated than you may anticipate. Have you considered how your retirement plan will be impacted if you and your spouse separate?
In this episode, Larry Heller, CFP®, explains how divorce later on in life can impact your retirement planning, and what steps you can take when going through the divorce process. He also shares how you can gain more control over what happens to your investments and assets during a divorce.
Listen to the Audio Version
Watch the Video Version
- Why it is important to determine who is the non-financial spouse
- Why your housing costs can have a significant impact on your retirement plan
- Why it’s helpful to know what your living expenses and income is prior to divorce
- The importance of knowing the rules of Social Security if you’re divorced
- And more
Connect With Larry Heller:
- Email Larry
- (631) 293-2806
- Schedule a 20-Minute Call
- Heller Wealth Management